Monday 7 March 2016

Estee Lauder Double wear foundation review

This foundation has a lot of hype about how amazing the consistency is, how long lasting the product stays on the face, and surprisingly how cost-effective it is. For me this product is expensive, I normally go more for drugstore makeup as its cheaper and looks amazing. But what got me to buy this particular foundation is that i wanted a FULL coverage makeup as i have super dry skin and needed all the redness to be covered, so i thought i'd venture further than drugstore makeup. I love how high end makeup provides you with the option of having a tester and taking it home to try the product before spending your money.
I went to the estee Lauder counter, got my colour swatched and she gave me a little bottle of the foundation to test. This tester is a great travel size too.
I got home and decided to give the foundation a go, I apply all my previous foundations with a stippling brush like my true match and fit me foundation as the consistency of them foundations is light and thin. So I pour the tester bottle onto my finger then onto my face stippling the product into my face, it was clumping onto my dry patches making them look flaky, rough and highlighting them. Bunching up under my eyes and looking super cakey and uneven. To say the least I was disappointed and definitely not impressed. As I was going out I didn't have time to start my foundation all over again so, I applied the rest of my makeup and it didnt make a difference to how the foundation looked. If anything the powder helped my face look even worse.
I didn't to give the foundation another go, I was so annoyed that it looked so bad on my face as I know people who wear this foundation and they look flawless. I told my friend about my mishape with the product and she recommended me to dampen my beauty blender and use that to apply to foundation to my face. I thought i'd give it a go as this foundation is a lot thicker than i'm used to.
Listening to my friends advice, using my professional primer by benefit first as this is an amazing primer for dry skin I love it, after I dampened my beauty blender and poured the liquid straight onto the beauty blender, dabbing it onto my face. It was going on amazingly! Covering all my blemishes, redness, fine lines and it wasn't highlighting my dry patches it was blissfully covering them. I continued to apply the rest of my makeup, contouring, concealing and highlighting etc. It made my makeup flawless and it stayed on all day not bunching up and covering my flakiness flaws. I've also used it without primer to see if it made a difference in the look, how long lasting etc. But it made almost no difference which I was impressed with as it proves that the foundation is truly long lasting.
I love the opaque sheer bottle, with the golden top and writing creating a very beautiful look to the presentation of this foundation.  This product doesn't contain a pump dispenser which I like because it gives me the choice to put back the unused product if I've poured too much out but, the downside to this is that if you incorrectly screw the lid back on then it may leak everywhere.
I found that this product is great for sharpening up your brows by applying a little bit of foundation to a small concealer brush  and cleaning up the underneath of my brows, this makes a world of a difference making a crisp flawless finish that is so popular right now.
This foundation is worth a try as it's different from all other foundations, I really believe that this product lives up to the saying 'A little goes a long way' as it really does! I also feel that all foundations I've previously used say that they can be built up for full coverage but they always end up looking super cakey and Orange, but this foundation builds up perfectly! The thickness of the foundation creates a beautiful silk finish on your skin.
Although this product does feel heavy on the face as the coverage is really FULL, they do a BB cream which is a lot more lighter feeling. As I know a lot of people don't like the full coverage feeling.
Removing this product is extremely hard though! You can buy the double wear remover Estée Lauder retail. But if you're on a budget, using micellar water by garnier is good but doesn't remove all traces of the foundation so, after using the micellar water I go ahead and wash my face, tone then moisturise . It does sound like a lot especially when you're tired or had a few drinks. I've heard that Kim kardashian uses these particular makeup wipes, Neutrogena visibly clear  not sure how good they are as I haven't used them yet but, I've read review that it removes all traces of makeup so worth a try.
To finish the review up I'd like to say that this particular foundation is an amazing buy and I will definitely be repurchasing and recommending to anyone who wants a full, long lasting foundation. Look out for my post about a dupe for this foundation.
Charlotte x

2 comments:

  1. Having a nightmare with this foundation! Will give the beauty blender a try tomorrow!😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, glad to help. Tag me your results via Instagram - bbloggerchar 🎀 Charlotte x

      Delete