Tuesday 24 May 2016

Review Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits Dolce K & KoKo K.

I've been wanting to purchase the Kylie Cosmetics lip kits for a while now, although I found them hard to get as the restock was awkward times in the UK and the products sold out within 30 minutes. Therefore I attempted many times and was successful on purchasing multiple lip kits and a metallic from these tips.

  1. Know the time of the restock in your country and what she is restocking as they may only restock the lip kits and glosses or metallic. I will occasionally post restock times in the UK on my Instagram page which is bbloggerchar.
  2. Know what product and colour you want therefore you can choose it straight away, and click quick view, then put product into basket. (3 per customer) 
  3. Have your information e.g. Address, email, etc. on auto fill.
  4. Retype in the website when it is the restock time as it is quicker than refreshing.
  5. Don't refresh when going to checkout, as you will loose your place in line. - the website does notify you when not to refresh.
  6. I found it easiest to purchase via laptop or desktop as typing fast on a mobile can be difficult.
When receiving the package it is a unique box containing foam to protect the cosmetics and a card from Kylie Jenner thanking you of your purchase. Which is a personal touch that I appreciate. You also get your order form with the colour and type of product you ordered from the website. Also you can track your order the whole time it is being delivered. The day before it arrived the postage tracking said that it has been delivered to destination.  

Dolce K

The first lip kit that I purchased was the Dolce K, as I knew that I really wanted to try out the colour. The amount the lip kit converted to from $29 to pound is £20 for the liquid lipstick and liner. With shipping it comes to £30. I luckily wasn't charged customs, although I know many people have been on previous restocks. 
The packaging for the lip kits is really pretty, and different from other cosmetics packaging as the box isn't like other lipstick boxes as it is thinner and has the colour of the product all around the box. Also when you open the box there is a cardboard piece separating the two products.
 The liquid lipstick packaging is glass and heavy which is unexpected of a lipstick. I personally find that the colour is true to what it looks like, e.g. the Dolce K is a brown nude inside the packaging and is the same colour on the lips. Although, you will always have a slight change in colour from someone who has a different undertone to you.
The smell of the lip kit is quite sweet but after an hour of application the smell has disappeared, which didn't bother me. And the consistency of the formula is very lightweight and glides onto the lips with such ease, also the product dries matte quickly and doesn't dry into cracks or flakes of your lips either.
I eat, drink, talk, sweat etc. when wearing this liquid lipstick and it doesn't fade, peel, or dry for the entire day. The only downside to this is that it is very hard to remove at the end of the day.
The lip liner is really creamy and doesn't drag on dry lips, also the colours match perfectly. This colour is great for if you want to try out dark colours but you don't want to go too dark, also just using the lip liner will give you a lighter colour.

KoKo K

This colour is perfect for any look that has a bold eye shadow, or a natural day look. It suits all skin tones and doesn't fade at all throughout the day. I get a lot of compliments on my lipstick colour when wearing this. I normally apply this first then HEIR in the centre of my lips to give a glossy finish. I'll put a picture of me wearing this particular colour at the bottom of this post. I also post a lot on my instagram too of my MOTD. ( makeup of the day) 
I love how I can overline my lips with this pink as other pinks are too light or not a light enough matte for me. I feel that this nude pink is unique to any other matte pinks, even dupes aren't quite the consistency or colour. I've also heard that this is the first colour to go sell out on each restock and Kylie Jenner's personal favourite, along side Candy K. This is the lightest pink matte she has at the moment, so if you love pinks i really recommend this product. 

Overall I love these products its a shame not everyone can get their hands on them as they sell out so fast. My only downfall is that i don't find the smell is amazing but its not overpowering or unbearable. 
Dolce K
KoKo K














My next review will be the BECCA Ultimate coverage complexion foundation crème.
Instagram - bbloggerchar
Facebook- beauty blogger charlotte.
charlotte x


No comments:

Post a Comment