Tuesday 5 April 2016

Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit

I saw many pictures of beautiful people trying out this highlighting palette and knew I needed to try it as I've never really had an amazing highlighter that's really made me glow. They have two different palettes and they are so different from each other, I found it quite difficult to decide and checked out some swatches of both the palettes prior to purchasing them, and found that the Gleam kit was more for people with fair skin or wanted blushes as well as highlighters which wasn't what I was looking for. I love the bronzed goddess glow and saw the colours are varied in my opinion such as, the stardust has a yellow undertone to it therefore perfect for tanned or highlighting nose, under eyebrows or Cupid's bow. Bubbly is gorgeous for highlighting cheekbones as it has a beautiful shimmer, Dripping in Gold is great if you want to look more bronzed but not too dark, I normally use the stardust colour then dripping in gold over the top if I feel it's too yellow. Golden Bronze is what I use to get a sun kissed look, I apply this before contouring as sometimes when I want a natural look I may not need to contour over the top. I contour using Hoola by Benefit.
The feel of this product is so silky and can be applied using a fan or tapered highlighting brush depending on how much product you want to deposit onto the skin. And the palette is so pigmented, a little really does go a long way, I usually build this product up as its easier to apply more rather than remove if you've applied too much.
Another tip to apply bronzer first then highlight after as its easier to blend the two colours together that way. This palette looks great on all skin types and all skin colours, I love how it's got different colours so you can create different looks using it. I also use this as an eyeshadow by applying Golden Bronze in the crease and Dripping in gold on my lid, after I apply Star dust onto my brow bone, it is a beautiful simple eye look and can be for an everyday glam.
The packaging of this product is very simple, it has a light pink frosting on the lid which is a cute touch to the chic ABH palette. Opening it you'll find that it has a clear sheet to protect the pans from being damaged, also it has a sleeve to prevent the palette from opening when travelling which is what most ABH palettes include.
This is the best highlighter I've ever used and I always use it whenever I wear makeup. I highly recommend for anyone that wants a healthy glow.
Coming up will be a follow up post on beauty hacks.
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment