Monday 9 May 2016

Regret purchases

These products are ones that I wouldn't recommend for dry to really dry skin types as that's what I am, and I didn't get along with these products. They may work for you which is great but I'm just giving my opinion, enjoy reading my regret purchases.


I didn't like this particular foundation as it separated on my skin and stuck to my dry patches. Highlighting the flakiness on my skin. I couldn't find a tool to apply this on without it product going streaky, I tried a flat top kabuki brush, beauty blender, foundation brush, the consistency was way too runny and thin therefore it was a light coverage and not build-able as it went orange when I tried to build up this foundation. 
Also it oxides, so by the end of the day I was really orange. What I didn't mind about this product is that the price is cheap and you do get a lot of product. I feel that this is more for someone who prefers a lighter coverage and not dry skin. I've heard the new foundation they've brought out is really good. It's called the Maybelline Fit Me Matte & poreless foundation, so I'll give that a try to see if it is a better formula than this one. The concealer that matches this foundation, is amazing. It's the Fit Me concealer in the shade 10 Fair. I'll go into more detail about the concealer when I do a dupe blog post. 
I had been wanting to try this brush for a while I was so excited when I finally got to try it. I loved the finish it gave my foundation and how easy it made it to apply my base. It was all going well until like the fifth time it was washed. (I washed it the same as I did as my crown brushes which are older and I still have now.) Applying my foundation as I normally would with this brush, then a few bristles fell out and I thought nothing of it, then the WHOLE clump of bristles fell out, all the glue that had been there to stick the hairs onto the handle had just came off in one clump. I was really disappointed as I thought I had done something wrong, although I did my research and found out it has happened to a lot of people, bearing in mind I had this 10 months and I've had my crown brushes for 2 years now. 
I don't recommend any of the other Real Technique brushes either as I feel that the quality of them isn't great as they are quite stiff and after a few months of having them harden up and make it hard to use and stain when you've used them a couple of times even with a brush cleaner and they are quite pricey too. If you're looking for a good set of brushes Sigma, Morphe, Zoeva, crown, Eco Tools, and MAC are all amazing. 

The colours in this palette look amazing, so I thought I'd give it a go. The pigment of the matte shades doesn't show up on your cheeks at all, therefore I use the banana shade as a base to my eyeshadow and the darker colours as my transition shade. The darker colours aren't too bad to contour with they are just hard to blend especially with having dry skin. They are quite chalky and do leave a powdery finish, so i only use a bit of the product onto my eyelids. The highlighting shades are really pretty for the inner corner of your eye although they aren't shimmery enough for me, to use on the cheeks. So if you're looking for a highlighting and contour palette don't buy this one, this product is best for eyeshadow base colours. NYX have a really good powder contour palette that has similar colours to this one they are just highly pigmented. Its called NYX Highlight and contour Pro palette.
This was the first liquid lipstick I'd ever tried so I wasn't really sure what I was doing until I'd used it a couple of times and got my technique sorted. I got the colour tranquillity as it looked like a beautiful nude. Although when I applied it,  it looked more like my foundation colour rather than a nude. Also the consistency is really thick and chalky too which is terrible if you have the slightest crack or flake on your lips as it will highlight and go into the cracks. The colour also faded throughout the day therefore I had to keep reapplying over and over again so by the end of the day, I had a really thick layer of this liquid lipstick on my lips. It also felt so drying too which feels quite cakey. This particular product put me off liquid lipsticks as I thought they were all the same. I was sorry mistaken when I tried the Gerard Cosmetics liquid lipsticks. And the consistency is light and you don't have to reapply, I have all the details about my Gerard cosmetics liquid lipsticks on my review which I'll link HERE. Back to the MUA liquid lipstick, the price is great if you just want a cheap liquid lipstick to try, and the packaging is pretty too. On the other hand MUA lipsticks are really creamy and only £1. I'll be doing a review on the lipsticks and lip liners this month.  

Thank you for reading my blog post, my upcoming blog post will be a skincare routine. 
Facebook - beautybloggerchar
Instagram- bbloggerchar #bbloggerchar #beautybloggerchar 
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment