Tuesday 29 March 2016

Gerard cosmetics Lipstick review

I have always loved the MUA Luxe liquid lipsticks although they lack the variety of colours and I feel they go quite chalky after a while, therefore I thought I'd venture further into liquid lipsticks and purchase the Gerard Cosmetics liquid lipstick in the shade Ecstasy.
 I fell in love straight away, the beautiful colour is unique and unlike any other I've seen, the texture once the lipstick is dried is hydrating and seamless, not dry and chalky at all. They smell so good too which is a bonus to any makeup product. The Gerard Cosmetics liquid lipsticks make it so easy to overline your lips as the texture is matte and I feel using a wand gives you precision to outlining your lips, so most of the time I don't feel it is necessary to apply lip liner prior to application.
The Gerard Cosmetics range provides so many colours to choose from, i bought the three darkest ones as I love a dark lipstick and matte looks flawless dark. The size of the product is reasonable, I have had Ecstasy for 5 months and i use it 2-3 times a week, it's not even close to running out. As you don't waste product re applying throughout the day as it's not necessary to because they are so long lasting and don't bleed or fade. They stay on when consuming food and drinking, also it doesn't transfer once the product is dry onto the lips. I find if you keep licking your lips constantly throughout the day you might notice some fading as the saliva will break down the product slowly - but that happens with most if not all lip products if you lick your lips constantly. As I loved Ecstasy so much I decided to buy Iced Mocha and Invasion as I love browns and lilacs. When they arrived in there beautiful black packaging with gold writing on, I got so excited and had to give them a try.
Iced Mocha is so different to Ecstasy as I feel it has a creamier consistency and a more pigmented colour. I dries to a lovely dark mocha brown and really looks beautiful paired with strong brows and smoky eyes. It keeps my lips moisturised and looking flawless. I feel that this is the best colour to overline with as its such a deep colour and hides your natural lip line. When I saw Invasion online i thought it would be a lighter version of Ecstasy, a beautiful lilac colour, although it was not what I was expecting at all it is still a beautiful colour that has an undertone of brown but, still quite purple. I I see this more like a day time lipstick as it isn't as dark as the other two, but you can still over line with this and not see your natural lip line. I think in my opinion that Invasion looks best with really highlighted cheekbones as it brings the attention to both the cheekbones and lips which is a flawless look and gorgeous for spring.
Moving onto the NONE liquid lipsticks although still Gerard Cosmetics. The packaging of the lipsticks is my favourite, they look like golden bullets. Nude changes colour depending on your lips natural skin tone. As you can see in the picture above it appears to have an orange undertone. That will change if your lips are pale, pink, dark etc. The consistency is quite creamy, although I don't see it different to any other nude lippy out there. I think personally it would suit a sunkissed glowy look, perfect for the summer nights. Buttercup is a gorgeous pink that is subtle and not too transparent either which is hard to find when looking for a pink lipstick. It is super creamy and would suit more fair skin types, as it brings out the natural light glow in your skin. It would look beautiful with dramatic winged liner and long lashes, perfect for date night.
Underground is my absolute favourite, it suits all skin types and can be worn day and night and it is versatile for each look and super sultry. The consistency is creamy also. Although I find it doesn't last as long as the liquid lipsticks and does need re application after consuming food or drinking. I normally wear this with full coverage foundation and defined contouring as I feel this lipstick completes the look.
London fog is a lot more creamier than the other lipsticks, I'm not sure if that is down to the darker colour or if they changed the products. It has quite a blue under tone which I love as its unique to any other colour I've seen before. This is perfect for a night time look and doesn't need to be re applied as its such a pigmented colour. It doesn't bleed outside of the lip line although I'm always extra precautious and apply one just in case.
All the lipsticks smell of cocoa butter as that is one of the ingredients, therefore not only does it provide colour but also hydrates your lips and prevents them from chapping throughout the day which is an added bonus to these particular lipsticks.
Thank you for reading, coming up soon will be my review of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in That Glow.
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment