Tuesday 26 April 2016

5 Must have Products

These products are my must have for every day use or when I'm applying makeup. I recommend these products to everyone. Continue reading to find out my Must Have products.

This brand is new to the UK, therefore not many people may have heard of it. I purchased my NYX setting spray from NEXT clothing store when they were previously stocking them, unfortunately they do not stock this brand anymore, although BOOTS are now stocking them online and in selected stores. I love a dewy finish as I have super dry skin, so I thought id give it a go as I'd heard amazing reviews and its cheap too. When I first used it, it straight away made a difference by giving me a beautiful glow accentuating my highlight, and my makeup lasted all day long. I've worn this through all seasons and it has kept my makeup in place, even through sweating. The product has also lasted me so long, I purchased mine earlier last year and it is still going. Although i only have a tiny bit left. I will be repurchasing this as I found it amazing, they also do a mattifying finish if a dewy look isn't for you. When spraying I go in a downwards motion making sure I've sprayed my entire face, I only spray my face 3-4 times as you don't want to spray too many times and the setting spray ruin your makeup or making your mascara run.

I've tried many beauty blenders from the Real techniques beauty sponge, to the W7 beauty sponge. I found that they didn't last as long and started cracking, also when I washed them after using the sponge, the foundation had already stained it. The original beauty blender looks quite small but when it is dispersed into water the sponge expands a lot therefore making it easier to apply foundation as you are covering a larger area, also the sponge is so soft helping the product blend onto the skin and give an even coverage. I also felt that contouring, powder and highlighter went on easier and didn't look cakey due to the foundation evening out my complexion. It is worth the money as I had to keep repurchasing the other beauty blenders whereas with this one it lasts so long, mine is still going strong and I got mine in January. 
I've been wanting to try this palette for so long as I heard great reviews, and it didn't let me down. I received mine as a gift from the Christmas 2014, and all my eye shadow pans are still going. None of them have ran out and i use then daily. The colour is really pigmented therefore you don't need a lot of product on the brush, i like the fact that the packaging is metal so it's prefect for travelling as none of the pans with smash and the mirror won't break. Some people do not get along with the duo sided eye shadow brush that the product comes with and in some ways i agree as you can't blend with this brush, I find it's great for patting on shadow onto the eyelid and under the brow. If you want a more defined brush the BH Cosmetics do an amazing eye brush set that comes with everything you need. 
I've gotten so many different eye looks using this palette and it doubles as a highlighter, using just the blackout colour on your lids then blending it up into the crease creates a gorgeous smoky eye. If you're not sure on what palette to buy I'd recommend to go into a store that has an Urban Decay counter such as Debenhams, so they can provide you with the best palette for your skin tone, undertone, what eye shadow look you usually go for, if you want an everyday look or evening etc. Naked original has quite dark colours, Naked 2 has browns and silvers, Naked 3 has pinks and neutral colours. 
I love these Liquid lipsticks so much because they stay on all day, you don't need a lip liner prior to application and the colour range is gorgeous. I have iced mocha, Invasion and Ecstasy. When i first got them I wasn't sure how to use them as I didn't want to apply too much product and the lipstick not dry, therefore I wiped off the excess product on the wand and applied from the bottom centre of my lips outward tilting the wand to define my inner corners. I found the product dried quickly and didn't dry out my lips or fade throughout the day. I've tried LA Splash couture and Jeffree Star velour liquid lipsticks, but I always go back to my GC because I don't have to reapply throughout the day or worry about the colour bleeding or staining my teeth. I have done a review on this product, if you click this link it will take you to it - http://www.beautybloggercharlotte.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/gerard-cosmetics-lipstick-review.html  
I love this mascara for length and thickening without all the clumpiness which you can get with other mascaras. I find that this is a dupe of the YSL Babydoll mascara as both do exactly the same and give me the same finish on my lashes, although my YSL Babydoll is older therefore it has dried out now. Therefore I'm using this mascara and i can't fault at all, you can build up the layers and it won't go clumpy, they look like false lashes too. I love spikey mascara wands as I find that the mascara doesn't clump up, the hairs are individually coated too. I use mine in a wiggling motion from the root to tip, building it up as I go along the lashes. The only fault i find is that my lashes drop the curl i first get when applying this product throughout the day, even when using my Eyeko Curling wand. 

Thank you for reading, follow me on my social media for updates, tips and tricks.
Facebook - beauty blogger charlotte
Instagram - bbloggerchar
Coming up soon I'll be doing a blog on Products I regret purchasing. 
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment